Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 11 - Fun with Glue




Okay moms, this was a tough one for me. Glue. Sticky, messy, slimy glue. But I thought, what the hey, he is going to have to learn about it sometime. Might as well jump in.So first things first, we must all learn from my mistakes...put newspaper down on the kitchen table BEFORE you give them the glue.

I went to the dollar store and picked up a whole bunch of supplies, and this is the best time to do it! Even Michael's has plenty of back to school sales, and that's great even when your child is not going to school yet.

I got some multi coloured popsicle sticks, some googly eyes, and some colourful feathers. I also got some great construction paper, and of course....glue.

I basically just let them at it. They glued, and pasted, and glued some more.


They made monsters on paper and popscicle sticks, and birds of all sorts. They really enjoyed the freedom of allowing the creative juices to flow. (and I really enjoyed to facilitate.)

When it was all said and done, we had some beautiful creations, and K got a real kick out of pulling dried glue off his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment